Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Sleep not working randomly. - 01-04-2010, 03:45 AM

I installed 10.6 a couple weeks ago using the guide on Gizmodo after upgrading to 2GB RAM, ran NBI 0.8.3 RC5, everything was fine, ran the combo updater to 10.6.2 and realized the sound wasn't working and re- ran NBI...

Since then, everything's been working fine except for one case of kernel panic when I was using Firefox. Today, the thing wouldn't wake from sleep. I'll press keys, etc., try pushing the power button to get the "do you want to shut down?" screen, anything, and it won't do anything.

So I would do a hard reboot and restart, and that obviously got the computer working. Since NBI worked its magic after the combo update, I decided to run it again. I've twice closed the lid, and it's gone to sleep and woken back up.

I wouldn't normally care, but I'm leaving the country in three days with just this as a computer and minimal Internet access for the first month. Is this a common problem? Did I do something wrong on install? Will the computer blow up on me when I'm in the jungle with tigers? I'm still on BIOS A04. Should I change that?

« battery choices gone after 10.5.8 update 10v | Osx Mach kernal fail? »