Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Confused with Chameleon - 12-31-2009, 11:36 AM

I'm seeing what look's like 2 different Chameleon boot sequence's, one which works and then another which does not

1) My USB MacOS-X install (via NetBookMaker), has a boot sequence very similar to an actual Mac and work's fine (i.e. can boot up and use the MacOS X operating system to do the install).

2) However the one which has been installed on my mini 10v, visually look's different, as more bluely sliver & has the chameleon logo/animal on it, and while that boots the HD (my screen remain's grey, but I can hear the initial startup video audio) - Also Apple logo is very sliver in color, compared to darkish color as in (1) above.

Any idea's why this is ?, my setup is 2 partitions (via MBR)

1 - FAT32 - 1G in size
2 - HFS (Journal) - 80G

(other space left, ready to add partitions (for XP, others) when I get this installed) - I installed SL via USB

Also if I use the chameleon from the USB drive to boot the HD, then will load correctly (pressing '-', and selecting the 'HD').

(#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 12-31-2009, 08:24 PM

Install the latest version of NetbookInstaller (0.8.3), run it, and reinstall Chameleon (check the box).

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | Windows 7 Professional | Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: OFF | USB Wake: OFF | BT: Enabled (self-installed BCM2046) | NBI 0.8.3 final

« Problems Cloning Mini 10v With Clonezilla | 6 Cell Battery Fit Mod... »