Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default OS-X - VGA out - 12-28-2009, 07:33 PM

before i decide if i should install osx on my x-mas present i really want to know if the VGA out works under os-x. I want it on a 24" Full-HD Screen.

And what does not work. There are many Threads, some of them are old. So im not sure what does work and what not on Snow Leopard.

Thank you
  (#2) Old
Default 12-28-2009, 07:42 PM

I'm driving a 23" 1080P display with my dell mini through the vga port and it looks fantastic. I'm running SL 10.6 (haven't applied either system update). It looks great and is pretty snappy, though it does hiccup (very quick freeze for processing) now and then which doesn't happen as often when the screen isn't attached.

Mac mini (1.42 Ghz PPC) 1GB - OS X Leopard
Dell Mini 10v N280, 1GB - OS X Snow Leopard
  (#3) Old
Default 12-28-2009, 08:35 PM

I am running 10.6.2 with the latest NBI 8.3, Everything works flawless from what I can tell, I have it running on a 17" Syncmaster. It auto senses, you can set independent res and use it as a regular desktop machine! I did the updates yesterday.

I did my install as a 10.6.1 as I have the A06 bios I did the install in a MBP. I ran NBI 8.3, rebooted, did the .2 update from auto update, rebooted and had no sound. Reran NBI 8.3 and all was well in never never land.
  (#4) Old
Default 12-29-2009, 12:34 AM

Does it mean that I can connect to an external monitor without selecting Old mirror friendly kext (not available in Final). I'm using RC5 and my dell freezes after connecting to projector

« 4 Finger Touchpad | EyeTV and Mini 10v with SL »