Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Question Where Did Chameleon Go? - 12-23-2009, 01:43 PM

First post after lurking here for a while and building a 10.6.1 10v using a combination of NBI RC3 and RC4 and I now have everything working properly (RC3 initially no Airport and RC4 initially no sound but after rerunning RC3 again followed by RC4 again all now seems to work great). So a huge thank you to all the technically brilliant folks here to get me this far (I'm not really very knowledgeable but can follow instructions!).

My only glitch is that now when booting I don't get the Chameleon icon with the time bar to enable to interrupt boot and boot in safe mode. Not a major problem right now but if I want to upgrade to 10.6.2 I may need safe mode? Can anyone point me in the right direction for reinstalling chameleon or maybe a prefs file that can be edited to re-enable my missing "load bar"?

Thanks for reading and have a great holiday.

(#2) Old
Default 12-23-2009, 01:55 PM

Hi there,

I have a sneaky suspicion that you may have enabled Quiet boot. You could re-run NBI, ensuring that Quite Boot is disabled (I don't have the installer file to hand so can't check unfortunately).

Hope this helps!

Dell Mini 10v | A06 | 10.6.2 | NBI 0.8.3 RC5
iLife '09 | iWork '09
  (#3) Old
Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default 12-23-2009, 02:33 PM

Hold one of the modifier keys (shift / alt / windows / control) to get to the boot menu.

NBI RC5 only shows the boot menu when there is a reason to - if there are multiple bootable drive. By holding shift, you can get to the boot menu and tell it to boot into safe mode if need be.

*If* you want to install a different version of chameleon, there are two options.
-- Installe the old bootloader in RC4
-- Install a modified kernel (for 10.6.2), and then install te official releases.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Buffalo SSD | BIOS A05
Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | BIOS A06
My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a invite? message me.
  (#4) Old
Default 12-23-2009, 06:07 PM

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

@Meklort: Excellent. Thank you. I can now get the boot menu, have installed 10.6.2 with RC5 and everything seems to work perfectly.

Thanks again for all your help

boot loader, boot options, chameleon

« Internal bluetooth | USB Legacy on BIOS A06 does NOT work on the second slot ...?! »