Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default external monitor - 12-22-2009, 05:14 AM

I connected my mini dell 10v SL 10.6.2. to my external monitor and I was able to get it showing on both monitors, but I couldn't figure out how to see the dock or the taskbar on my external monitor, so I ended up putting mirror image in display settings. Now both monitors show brown and blue distorted colors. I can't see anything because my wallpaper is distorted. How can I fix it?
  (#2) Old
Default 12-22-2009, 01:16 PM

You could try booting into safe mode and uncheck mirroring, this is a known bug/issue. If someone has a better step to disable mirroring please post.

Mini 10v | N270 | OSX 10.6.2 | NBI 0.8.3 | 2GB RAM | 160GB | BIOS A05|
Mini 10v | N280 | OSX 10.6.2 | NBI 0.8.3 | 1GB RAM | 160GB | BIOS A05|
Dell Mini 10v OSX FAQ

(#3) Old
Send a message via Yahoo to Wm.Mays
Default 12-22-2009, 04:16 PM

I'm not having any problems mirroring display in RC4 if when running NBI, you check the "install old mirror friendly GMA kexts". You'll have to try the various display resolutions offered in preferences to get the correct one for the particular monitor/TV you're connecting to. I've found that sometimes the ones that should be correct for the given monitor aren't always the best.

MINI 9: Jade Green, RunCore 64GB SSD, Hyper-X 2GB RAM, Dell 5530 WWAN Card, Dell 1505 WiFi Card, Bluetooth 2.1, 1.3MP Webcam, Leopard 10.5.8 NBI 8.0.3 Final, BIOS A05
  (#4) Old
Default 12-22-2009, 06:20 PM

I can't get an external monitor to work on my mini at all. I got an older 19" Dell with the right plug on it, but when I plug it in to the Mini both screens are covered with colored vertical lines. If I try to start in the safe mode (would someone refresh me as to how it is done?) I never gets past the first of the Mac screens, hangs up on the endless whirling thingee underneath the apple, or I get blue screens and cursor, but nothing else, on both screens.

Any suggestions?

« Odd system sound scheme when moving files | Reducing screen resolution? »