Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Cool tips and lessons install snow leopard on mini 10v - 12-18-2009, 05:03 PM

I have spend all night yesterday to install Snow Leopard on it. not an easy ride. A couple of mistakes and lessons to share:

1) In the beginning, to create USB boot disk, make sure to select DOS version.
2) Everything went fine following the tutorial on Gizmodo until the step for updating touchpad.
3) The patch link on gizmodo is outdated, put back saved copy, restart and get in loop of countdown.
4) reinstall OSX from boot drive, failed halfway
5) reinstall OSX again, repartition HD disk this time, use netbookinstaller this time, upgrade to RC3. working fine all the way.
6) upgrade to snow leopard 10.6.2, sound not working anymore.
7) tried many workaround, no use and endup reinstall OSX for the third time! Skip upgrade to 10.6.2.

not a smooth ride to say the least and I think I probably made all mistakes that could imagine. In conclusion, here is what will work for me with no hassle 1) follow gizmode guide all the way until touchpad update. 2) use netbookinstall 0.8.3 RC4 and don't upgrade to snow leopard 10.6.2
  (#2) Old
Default 12-19-2009, 04:47 AM

On the sound item, what worked for me was to rerun NBI a second time after upgrading to 10.6.2. Sound ran fine again!

Dell Mini 10v 160GB HD 1GB RAM A05 NBI 0.8.3 Final OSX 10.6.2 w/Magic Mouse

« /extra folder gone | Problem with External Monitor with 10v on OS X 10.6.2 »