Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Can the 10v be used like a Mac Mini - 12-18-2009, 04:37 PM

Hi Im just wondering if after you install 10.6.2 can you plug in a usb keyboard and mouse and hook up an external monitor and close the lid on the 10v and use it as a desktop type machine. I plugged in my tv to the 10v and got the crazy jumbled screen so I ran netbookinstaller 0.8.3 rc4 again and checked the box for installing the mirror friendly thing. Anyways that did the trick for making the tv work but if I close the 10v lid it goes to sleep even with the external display hooked up. What I am wondering if there is a way to be able to close the lid on the 10v when a external monitor is connected and not have the 10v sleep?
  (#2) Old
Default 12-18-2009, 06:07 PM

There's a command line command posted in the sleep thread that tells you how to disable sleep when you close the lid. There might be something in the settings panel, not sure there. If you do that, you should be able to run it with just the external monitor. I doubt there is something to detect the external monitor and disable sleep in just that case though.

« Decreasing OS X boot time? | If audio is problem, why no solution? »