Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#11) Old
Default 02-07-2010, 09:12 PM

Anybody got a solution to this? It's annoying as hell!
  (#12) Old
Default 02-22-2010, 09:08 PM

i am in the same boat with network connection failures over wired ethernet between my mini10v(10.6.2) and my mac pro1,1 (10.6.2). wireless is fine, but i am trying to back up drive clones of the mini to one of my backup disks on the mac pro along with other large file transfers.

i have tried standard and crossover cables (just in case, though shouldnt matter), no luck

i have successfully connected my G4da to my mac pro over ethernet, so seems to be an issue on the mini side.

any insight? could be missing something simple here...

by no means an expert with all this, but have held my own getting the mini up and rolling flawlessly (with countless hours perusing this site, THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE POSTINGS AND SUPPORT OF EACH OTHER, WHAT A GREAT COMMUNITY, I HOPE I CAN RECIPROCATE SOMEHOW), so i can get in there and tweak around no problem if anyone has suggestions
  (#13) Old
Super Moderator
Default 02-22-2010, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by meklort View Post
It's a driver issue with zeroconfig / bonjour.
Do we have a 'fix' for it yet, please... or is it a case of 'work in progress'?

It is fine under Ubuntu!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#14) Old
Default 08-03-2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Montala View Post
Do we have a 'fix' for it yet, please... or is it a case of 'work in progress'?

It is fine under Ubuntu!
Just Hackintoshed my Dell 1011 and it all works beautifully dual booting Win7 and OSX. But I find I have got the same problem. Did you get a fix for the Wired Ethernet working ?

Mine doesn't allow file transfers other than VERY slowly. Safari seems OK. The Network Utility shows no packets at all going throught en0 the wired ethernet.

Very strange really.

Red Dell 1011, Dual Boot Win 7 & OSX, 2GB RAM, Bluetooth, 160GB HDD. + Apple label
  (#15) Old
Default 05-13-2011, 05:25 PM

if there is a fix for the bonjour issue that would be useful... If I've missed that its been solved, sorry, and can I be shown where and how?

I have problems connecting to Plex media server over ethernet and having issues connecting to shared iTunes server on a NAS so if there's a fix I'd be ecstatic!

« Un-Mirroring Displays | Replacement Battery for Mini 10V (1011) »