Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default SL success from method 2...bootable CCC just in case? - 12-17-2009, 04:04 AM

Post from firefox in 10.6.0! yay! Haven't updated at all as I'm perfectly happy with this setup...okay okay I'm afraid to break something. Not my first hackintosh (Jas 10.4.6 Install on HP L2000 Lance Armstrong Laptop - InsanelyMac Forum) what a pain in the a** putting it on that system was...

Used method 2 and had some problems with the installer telling me to reboot in the first 30 seconds. Ended up using ImgBurn and finally got it to work. I can make a post of my experiences as this post is mostly geared towards making a bootable image of what I have working in case something happens, and/or make a bootable usb flash drive for KPs.

Here's how I think it should happen per my reading:
1. Use carbon copy cloner to make a backup of my drive to my usb drive.
2. Install 0.83RC4 to the usb drive
3. Boot from drive and restore to internal HDD if something goes crazy...

Sounds too easy to me, but then again I'm pretty much just guessing at the moment. I plan on keeping 10.6.0 for now and that's what I would like this restore disk to be as well. Oh yeah, A05 BIOS and 160gb HDD.

Thanks for the help

« Posting this from my Dell MiniMac... | Help! Dell mini 10v sleep/wake problem osx »