Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Oct 2009
12-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Uh... yes... from another Mac. I'm not entirely sure, but I think spareseimage is not restored from Disk Utilities.
- Clone 10v/mini HD to external drive, will create a "whateverName".sparseimage... this is NOT a DMG !!
- remove internal HD and put in enclosure.
- mount on another mac/hack
- Wipe the OSX PARTITION and not the whole drive.
- Restore the sparseimage to 10v/mini destination
- NBI 0.8.3RC4, or whatever you prefer, chosing ONLY the Chameleon bootloader
- Pop in the drive
HavenĀ“t done it yet with my 10v, but this is the procedure I've repeated dozens of times.
This is my day 2 with my 10v, let me drive it around some more to have a feel of what it's like, I will certainly be applying this myself, probably going for a triple boot W7 Ubuntu
Join Date: Dec 2009
12-14-2009, 08:02 PM
I noticed this with my SATA dock on my Mini 10v w/OSX. I installed the same drive into an enclosure I bought from Newegg and the problem went away. My guess is that the dock has some sort of compatibility issue with OSX or the Mini 10v USB host. It works fine on my Mac Mini and my Dell E1705, so I don't think it's broken.
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.