Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default My Dell mini 10v experience - 12-06-2009, 06:16 PM

Let me start out and say i do not have the dell mini untill christmass day, but have operated it a little before hand.
I started by downgrading the BIOS to A04 from A06 (a loud process)
The method i chose to install OSX was the external USB DVD method, LG (GE20)
the 2 usb sticks wouldnt work as they gave me a continues loop of boot0:done, anyways
apon booting into the netbook cd screen, f5 did not work but it did recognize theMac OSX Install after it spun up

After hitting enter and booting into the install screen, i noticed the buttons were chopped in half, not to my surprise as i watched many youtube videos.
After going to the disk utility i selcted 1 partition, mac osx jounrled, and guid partition, i then stopped. Becase this is a christmass present and im not really supposed to have it, i will contiune my install experience on the 25th or 26th on my new Mac Mini

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

After the install, failure, and yet sucess on the 25th i would like to know what programs i should get for my mac mini, as i am primrily a windows user i have never researched mac applications, i have office 2008 and msn, is their anything you would recomend software wise? also for usenet downloading, which program should i use?

Looking forward to see the replies

Sharing is Caring!
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Default 12-06-2009, 06:27 PM

You would be better off asking this question in one of the Mac OS X sections, where I am sure someone will be able to help... Good Luck.

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN
  (#3) Old
Default 12-06-2009, 07:07 PM

Originally it was suppsed to be a guide thing, but i added a question, hopefully ill finish it after christmas

Sharing is Caring!

dell mini 10v, dvd drive, install

« 10.6.2 VS 10.6.0 Speed Poll | Post Snow Leopard Question »