Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default External Monitor - Out of Range - 12-05-2009, 06:05 PM

Trying to hook up an external monitor to my 10V. I am getting the message "Out of Range." This has happened in two different situations. The first when connecting to a Hanns-G 17" monitor. The second when connecting to an AOC LCD television with a VGA connection. Now, I did have success connecting it to an Acer 20" monitor. Anyone have any thoughts on what would cause the "Out of Range" message and if there is a solution?

 Mini 10v  | 2Gb RAM | 120 Gb HDD | OSX 10.6.2 | NBI .8.3RC4 | Bluetooth
  (#2) Old
Default 12-06-2009, 01:14 AM

I've had issues switching between external monitors between work and home. I've had to practically hard boot the Hackintosh with the monitor plugged in and turned on to the power safe mode. That seems to work the best.

Once it gets detected, then I have to play around setting up the max resolution. My displays at work and home are different sizes and manufacturers.

Good luck with this.

Mini 10v
  (#3) Old
Expert Member
Default 12-06-2009, 01:26 AM

I assume you're seeing out of range on the external monitor. That is the monitor telling you it is getting a signal to display something that's out of its range of acceptable input. Try picking different resolutions with the Displays PrefPane. You can use Gather to get the window for the external monitor setting to move to your mini LCD where you can change it.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral

« Hoilday Hackintosh? | Just booted my new Mac Mini 10v »