Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Hoilday Hackintosh? - 12-04-2009, 01:22 PM

Ok, I'm new here so don't complain about me

Anyways, I bought me a Ice Blue Mini 10v for me (for the holidays), because I was gonna hackintosh it, After purchasing, I read about How-To hackintosh the Mini 10v, turns out you have to downgrade the BIOS, which means possible brick, I am somewhat scared to downgrade, If my Mini comes with A06 will that work?

BasicallyMe(my NickName)
  (#2) Old
Default 12-04-2009, 02:56 PM

No, you will have to downgrade your BIOS but it's really not that big of a deal. It looks super complicated but when you sit down to do it, it only takes about 2 minutes....

Guide Here

Hope this helps! Happy holidays!

Check out my guide for installing SL 10.6.2 on your brand new Dell Mini 10v!
  (#3) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to koko
Default 12-04-2009, 07:04 PM

congrats on your purchase! i have completed this and i did have some trouble with the bios downgrade .. but its no really a big deal after all .. just make sure you do that first! and get it done - i did it last - after i wiped my hd clean of windows. but its worth it! and that was the only thing that got snarky on me... otherwise smooth sailing. :-)
good luck, kristin
  (#4) Old
Default 12-05-2009, 05:28 PM

Actually, there is a way to install OSX without downgrading your BIOS. I just received my Mini10v yesterday and I followed this tutorial.

Basically, it involves removing the hard drive from the Mini10v, placing it into an enclosure, and plugging it into an already working Macintosh machine. From here you can install the OS.

This method is really simple and has worked great so far. The reason I opted for this method was so that I wouldn't have to downgrade the BIOS.
  (#5) Old
Default 12-05-2009, 07:27 PM

The BIOS downgrade is very simple if you just follow the instructions. I think the "brick" statement, though is could be true, is more of a disclaimer.

If you don't want to take the thing apart, just follow the instructions that are posted on this site.....along with the other guides and you'll be good to go.

That gizmodo guide is pretty solid up until the part regarding the trackpad. If you use the latest NetBookMaker 0.8.3RC4 when doing your install, there is already a trackpad fix applied so no need to follow the guide after that since it refers to an old fix that isn't very good.

After downgrading BIOS, following the install guide, your mini 10v will be good to go for the most part. This site provides info on little fixes such as 'sleep/hibernation' stuff which was kind of annoying but very easy to fix.

Keep us posted on which way you decide to go. Again, just my opinion on NOT wanting to take the thing apart.....I went for the BIOS downgrade......simple/loud/quick and then it was party time after that.

(#6) Old
Default 12-05-2009, 09:00 PM

Removed by author.

Mini10v| 2GRAM| 160GB| BT(Added)| A05| QuadBoot(SnowLeopard10.6.2,WinXP.SP3,Ubuntu.Deskto p9.10,Moblin2.1)|
USB wake OFF, L support ON| NBI 8.2 -> NBI 083RC3 -> NBI 083RC4-> NBI 083Final
  (#7) Old
Default And one more vote... - 12-05-2009, 10:12 PM

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate in my Mini (10V) and it works like a charm (even though I had downgraded to A04). Follow the instructions and it'll be fine!

(#8) Old
Default 12-05-2009, 10:40 PM

My netbook should be arriving in a few days, but the only thing is I'm gonna have to put it under the tree, (super sad face), but when I open it I might downgrade the BIOS, I'm not sure, :/

10v: Ice Blue | N270 | 1GB RAM | 160GB HDD | OS X 10.6.2 (NBI .8.2 & .8.3 RC4) | 6-Cell | Wireless N 1510 | Bluetooth

RazorBlade1073's Photo Booth Fixer! Download:

Nothing else here.. Mosey along now

« 10.6 and the disappearing NAS device | External Monitor - Out of Range »