Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default 2 USB no Mac 10.6 Instal Problem - 12-02-2009, 07:21 PM

I didnt find anything with my particular issue so I figured I would start a new thread. If there is, apologies.

All i get after the BIOS splash screen is a blinking cursor....

Just got a Mini 10v, came with A05 Bios

No mac handy so i tried to NBI2 Method, but everytime i boot up, just past the bios screen all i get is a blinking cursor, like its waiting for the install DVD on the usb.

I ripped the DVD to an iso with infra recorder, ran my cmd prompt as admin, and both usb sticks seemed to be made correctly.

I tried in ubuntu as well and no luck.

Any thoughts? My only guess is i have a bad usb stick, which sucks because i just picked up the 8gb stick.
  (#2) Old
Default 12-02-2009, 10:34 PM

one problem i could think of is that you didnt prepare your usb properly, try preparing the usb stick again with the proper SL image.

10v | OS X 10.6.2 | 1GB RAM | BIOS A05 | NBI RC5
  (#3) Old
Default 12-02-2009, 11:05 PM

I got that problem when I made my usb stick with NBI 0.8.3 RC4. The stick worked fine when I used RC3 however. You might try that if you haven't already.
  (#4) Old
Default 01-27-2010, 04:47 PM

Same problem here, was their any resolution to your issue?
Was it a bad USB?

(#5) Old
Default 01-27-2010, 09:43 PM

I had the same problem when I tried to install SL - after the dell splash screen, only a blinking cursor. It turned out that the USB stick I had NBI 0.8.3 on was not bootable - I'm not 100% sure, but after I made another NBI stick it worked. Also, make sure that the USB stick with NBI is the one the computer tries to boot from first - the guide says you should plug it in the port nearest to the power adapter. I also saw that, at least on A06 BIOS, when browsing the boot devices tab, you can expand the "USB Devices" group and actually rearrange the order of the USB sticks - mine weren't in the correct order, although I had them plugged as described in the guide. After I moved the NBI stick to be above the one with SL, I was able to install.

Hope this helps!

Mini 10v (1011) - SL 10.6.3 - 1 GB RAM - A06 BIOS

My Dropbox referral:
We both get 250 MB extra if you use it

« Hackintosh without a Mac? | External Display Dvi Converter »