Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default NetbookInstaller 0.8.3 rc3 problem - 12-02-2009, 02:57 PM

Ok so i installed osx sl 10.6 on my 10v and it was running pretty well. I was having the sleep issue so i would turn of bluetooth in bios and sleep would work. Only every time i restarted the computer bios would revert back to bluetooth on. That being said, this isn't my problem at the moment.

I thought maybe if i ran netbook installer again it might fix my sleep problem, only it screwed everything up. Now i have a maximum of 800x600 resolution and it says that i have no airport card installed.. what a mess. I tried to run netbook installer in sleep mode as well and that didn't fix the problem.

If i boot with the flash drive that i originally installed osx with it boots fine, 1024x600 resolution, wireless works. I can't figure out why it doesnt boot properly without using the flash drive tho. Is there some way to erase the boot loader i have on my system and then reinstall the one from the flash drive>

can anyone help me? i would hate to have to re-install again because i already did 2 installs yesterday foolishly updating to 10.6.2

thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

well i ran the new boot loader rc4 and then installed the 10.6.1 combo update and everything seems to be back to normal. I can't figure out how to delete this thread, if any mods can delete it go ahead

« Trouble booting from OSX Install USB drive for 10.6 | Mini10v bluetooth problems with OSX »