Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Garage Band Size - 12-01-2009, 03:48 PM

Continuation of this thread:

How would one go about resizing garageband '09 without changing screen res.
  (#2) Old
Default 12-02-2009, 05:43 AM

As far as I know, there is currently no way to resize Garageband 09, so that it fits on a small screen. Changing screen scaling in the garageband plist doesn't work for some reason.
As mentioned in the other thread Garageband 08 works "ok"....

If you need iLife 08, check your local mac dealer. I know that the local independent mac dealer here still had some old stock when I was there.

I myself was curious about using the netbook as a portable tool to do 4 channel live recordings of jam sessions and gigs.

I may end up using Audacity, if I can find a good sounding, small, external audio interface.
The mini's (9 & 10) internal audio is basically crap... like almost all computers. For good audio, in my opinion, you need an external audio interface.

Cheers !
  (#3) Old
Default 03-17-2010, 10:12 PM

Alright I'm in the process of legally obtaining Garageband/iLife '08. If I install it, will it work with my Garageband '09 product/loops?

Dell Mini 10v | Bios A06 | 2GB RAM | 40GB SSD w/ OS X 10.6.7 | 6-Cell Battery | NBI 0.8.5pre
  (#4) Old
Default 05-03-2010, 10:35 PM

I had the same problem with garage band 09. Go to help and keyboard shortcuts. press the 'R' key for record and space bar for playback. Saved me a lot of headaches.

« Big time Newb here | Reverting Back to 10.6.2/Time Machine bug? »