Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default install OSX with no MAC on 10v - 11-23-2009, 11:22 PM

okay. I am a newbie and I know this question asked a million times, the more I read, the more I am confused. I just received my DELL 10v today. brought the SL DVD and burn as image, dd.exe into the 8G USB drive. use dd.exe to copy NBI_083RC3 image into my second small drive. I tried to follow this guide NetbookInstaller 2: USB Mac Installation via Any Operating System | Guides | OS X | mechdrew

Set to boot into USB and now I got....

Boot 0: testing
Boot 0: error

What have I done wrong?
Whats different between Netbookinstaller and netbookBootMaker?
Should I need netbookbootmaker instead? why the guide asked to use netbookinstaller into the smaller USB drive?

It does not seem like NBI_083RC3.img is bootable from the small USB drive. Maybe drive problem... hmm...

Thanks for all your help in advance, this will be my first MAC in my life.
  (#2) Old
Default 11-24-2009, 06:11 PM

never mind. I fixed it. dd.exe on vista is no good. Although it seems like it copied the image over to small USB stick showed okay, it was never good. Ran dd.exe again on XP worked perfectly and it was bootable and installed worked fine. Thanks.
  (#3) Old
Default just what i needed - 12-21-2009, 10:04 AM

the walkthrough for install without a mac however did you have to install the dellefi file or is it in the nbi img file?

« 10v OS X 10.6.2 and Onyx | Will OS X work with the new Pine Trail Mini? »