Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Can anyone see their HD in Sys Prefs/Startup Disk? - 11-20-2009, 02:14 PM

I'm interested in booting my 10v from an external USB drive but when I open 'System Prefs/Startup disc' no disc are available, not even the internal nor my original USB install disc. Is it just my config or is it the same for all.

(#2) Old
Default 11-20-2009, 04:12 PM

I'm not sure if this will help you..... However next to the apple in the upper left corner you will see what ever app you are currently working in. If you click on the desktop you should see FINDER next to the apple. Click finder, drag down to preferences under general you can tell finder to show all hard disks on the desktop....

Hope this helps.
  (#3) Old
Default 11-20-2009, 04:23 PM

Even if something showed in the prefpane, it would be useless.
Copying myself from another thread: 'The startup volume info on a RealMac is stored in the "Parameter RAM" (PRAM), i.e. on the machine, not in a file on the HD. Setting it via system preferences on a Dellintosh probably sends the new info to data nirvana.'

« iWork '08 on 10.6.1 (10v) | Safari won't open a new window mini 10v.. HELP! »