Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default 10v, OSX 10.6.2, sound not working - 11-19-2009, 08:23 PM

I'm no techie, but somehow I got my dell mini 10v working with osx using jacques1171 post. here is the link...

How to setup Snow Leopard on mini 10v with A06 BIOS

the only difference is that i did NOT install the netbook installerS after placing the HD back into my dell mini. instead, I installed them while running the HD on my mac externally. (I didn't generate dsdt files on either netbook installer, not sure if i had to on the first one which is NBI 0.8.2)

i did it this way because his way didn't load osx to allow me to install the NBIs he suggests using...

the problem is that i get no sound at all.

i tried a fix from vapormike, here is the link:

Mini 1011 (Mini 10v) and OS X - Info - UPDATED for AUDIO!!!!

i also tried a fix from Bear Hunter, here is this link:

No sounds period 10v, SL, 0.8.3 RC3

neither of these worked for me. is there an app or a couple of sound drivers that make sound possible? any help would be great at this point, this is as techie as i've ever gotten, and as proud as i am for having come this far it is extremely frustrating not to have sound.

i'm so close to having the perfect netbook. all i need is sound and the mic to work...

I have this weird eject button/symbol next to time and wifi bars on the upper right of my screen. when i click on it, it says no drives. could this have anything to do with it?

I'm using a dell mini 10v with BIOS 06, 2 gig of ram, 16 gig HD. I am running OSX 10.6.2

thank you all, i couldn't have come this far without all your detailed input...

dell mini 10v, osx 10.6, sound

« Installed OS X...Is there any going back? | A04 to A05...any advantages? »