Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Waking from sleep...need help...please - 11-19-2009, 06:10 PM

I have a 10v with BIOS A04, Installed 10.6 using NBI RC4, everything works perfectly except sleep. If I change the BIOS USB setting to 'disabled' it resets every time I restart.

I've tried:
1.Opening up the terminal and typing "sudo pmset lidwake 0" (without the quotes obviously). This is the only unnecessary step but it helped other problems I had where the screen would open and would be completely black, so I would recommend doing this, this just prevents your computer from automatically waking from sleep when you open the lid and you just have to press the power button to wake from sleep.
2. Next type "sudo pmset hibernatemode 3". Not sure what the 3 mode does differently but it defaults to 1. You can check that all these commands worked properly by typing "sudo pmset -g". Make sure you spelled hibernatemode and lidwake right because I don't have my Hackintosh in front of me so I am spelling them from memory.
3. Next just restart your computer and hit F2 at the dell screen to open your BIOS. Go to the advanced tab I believe and disable the option "Legacy USB support".

But is still resets after shutting down and restarting.

Can someone confirm the following is a good thing to try:
I had this problem too. My fix was to to install netbook installer version 8.2 final, unchecking the box for chameleon, then reboot. It did give me a kernel panic, so i booted from my usb drive, and reinstalled netbook installer 8.3 4 RC from the USB drive. This fixed my problem of USB legacy support turning back on after each restart. It was a lil scary but this did fix my issue with sleep and USB legacy support turning on in the bios.
I'm running 10.6.2 with bios A05.

I'm on 10.6 with BIOS A04...and the instructions are not that I simply copy the 2 installers, version 8.2 final and 8.3 4 RC to my Dell Mini HD and run them one after another? Or do I have to boot from an external and them run them.

I wonder if upgrading the BIOS from A04 to A05 would help at all with the sleep issue?

Any help gratefully received.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Copied the 2 installers, version 8.2 final and 8.3 4 RC to my Dell Mini HD and ran 8.2, rebooted, ran 8.3 and rebooted, now sleep waking works fine.
  (#2) Old
Default 11-19-2009, 09:08 PM

This place is full of good information to fix ur hacks!

Mini 10v
  (#3) Old
Default 12-05-2009, 07:18 PM

There is no need to reboot after running NBI 0.8.2.

Just run NBI 0.8.2, run NBI 0.8.3RC4, and reboot.

« About This Mac: Mod for 10.6.2 | Hangs at Spinner, Boots in Verbose Mode »