Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Toonvox
Default Printing Wirelessly - My Impossible Mission - 11-19-2009, 08:35 AM

Through all my Hackintoshing Mini 9s and Mini 10v's and with two different routers, the one thing I have never been able to do with any of 'em is wireless printing.

I'm using the Time Capsule as my wi-fi router. It used to be a Belkin. And despite getting the latest drivers for my Epson SP R280, I could never ever print from the Minis. Printing works fine with all our real MacBooks.

When I send something to the printer, I get a very short "printer printing" (paraphrasing) in the queue - almost too instantaneous to see, then it returns to "printer ready." But nothing actually prints.

I tried removing and reinstalling the printer in Sys Prefs. Nothing. I've had no problems setting up the printer in the MacBooks, but the Minis remain a mystery.

Couldn't find an answer with searches here. Anyone? Thanks!
  (#2) Old
Default 11-20-2009, 03:35 PM

Can you print wired?

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old
Default 11-20-2009, 03:50 PM

I just setup my Epson SP776 wireless printer and it works perfectly with my Mini 10v. Have you got the latest printer drivers for Snow Leopard? I unchecked printer drives on a recent install of SL on my MBP opting to simply get the latest versions online manually to save space. It transpired that HP supplied my particular printer drivers to Apple for inclusion on SL but had no intention of putting them on the web for download. Having realised this I simply went back and installed them from the DVD. Also good idea to check you can print wired from the 10v as Reflex says.
  (#4) Old
Default 11-20-2009, 07:25 PM

Not sure how your Epson works but is it plugged into your router via Ethernet? If so, are you able to ping it from the Mini?

I'm using a Lexmark E120 but the install went painlessly. SL discovered my printer during a search for network printers and installed the driver.
  (#5) Old
Default 11-21-2009, 02:22 AM

I print wirelessly via a TrendNet 802.11n router, coupled with a customized NAS (Buffalo) device, running a Linux distro called foonas.

The print server I use is p910nd. TBH, is isn't really a print server, but more like a pass-through that allows one to print to whatever USB printer you want to.

Works great w/ wired or wireless. The unit also provides about 200GB of nfs mounts to keep stuff on and access easily.

Dell Mini 10v w/ 2GB SDRAM, 802.11n & BlueTooth
Snow Leopard 10.6.6
2TB of NFS mounts courtesy of foonas-ized LinkStations
as opensource TimeCapsules (+ p910nd printserver & Firefly media server)
see for details on how to make your OS X experience richer with a modded NAS device
Time Capsule/Time Machine Support on Your LinkStation
  (#6) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Toonvox
Default 12-01-2009, 08:40 AM

Sorry for the delay in returning to this REALLY busy.

No, direct connecting the printer to my Mini's doesn't work. I downloaded the latest drivers and software from Epson, but no luck. As I said...I have no problem with my real MacBooks, wireless or hardwired.

10v, mini, printer, wireless printing

« Resolution Issues? | Upgrading to 10.6.2 causes "hibernation image" problem? »