Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Mini 10v 10.6.2 - all working but one strange problem - 11-15-2009, 01:54 PM

EDIT: Ignore this, there's another thread dealing with this issue:

BIOS Resetting to defaults

Hey everyone

I'm new here but have been hovering about looking at guides and tips etc, it's a great community and I was glad that I didn't have to post during the install, I ran in to a few problems but everything was laid out for me here. That was until just now when I got this little problem and I'm not sure how to rectify it.

I got my mini 10v yesterday and have managed to get everything up and running but I'm having trouble with the BIOS not saving my settings. I turn USB legacy off and sleep will work fine, then I shutdown and after its booted up and I try sleep it doesn't work, so I go back to the BIOS and usb legacy is back on again.

I was on A06, I downgraded to A04 and then read a post where a guy couldn't get the install going with A04 and so upgraded to A05, so wanting to do things properly I installed A05.. this crashed right at the end of the install, i left it for 30mins with no change so I had to restart and to my joy it had worked.

This could be a really simple thing I'm not aware of or maybe i'll just have to set the bios everytime I boot up, this isn't ideal though.

Any help would be much appreciated, maybe downgrading my BIOS to A04 might help? I still have a windows laptop here I can prepare the usb drive on.

Many Thanks

« Update to 10.6.1 Advice | Crash while scrolling »