Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Black screen after install/restart - 11-12-2009, 08:51 PM

OK, so I just tried installing OSX for a second time. Both times it goes to a black screen and will not reboot when it's supposed to post-installation. The first time, I manually powered it down, then turned it back on. It worked fine, except there was no sound AND it wouldn't reboot after that. If I shut down and turn back it, it works about 50% of the time; the other 50% it just freezes at the gray apple screen.

So I just installed it a second time. Did a fresh copy to my flash drive and used RC3 of Bootmaker 2. Erased and repartitioned the hard drive (even though it was already formatted correctly). Same problem. After about a 30 minute installation, it goes to a black screen at time of reboot post-installation.

Please help!

PS - I followed the Gizmodo guide, with the exception of using the newest Bootmaker.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

By the way, I'm leaving it at this black screen for now, hoping someone here can help me out before I give up and manually shut her down.

« Please help - boot0 error | Console access to routers using USB to Serial Connectors »