Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Unhappy Spaces, Expose any Graphics Intense processes now lag, from updating the GMA kext. - 11-09-2009, 09:37 AM

What should I do?

Ever since I updated the GMA kext, via the awesome NetbookInstaller, now all graphics are slower and jagged. Is there an undo of somesort?
  (#2) Old
Default 11-09-2009, 11:51 AM

Is the menu bar at the top of the screen translucent? If not you may find that the graphics driver didn't get installed properly and it is using the processor to do the animations rather than the graphics card. This happened to me as well.

As a check try and add a new widget to Dashboard. If the graphics drivers are installed and working properly you should see a watery ripple as the widget appears. If it just appears, then the drivers aren't installed. Run the NetbookInstaller again (and again) until the menu bar is translucent.

Hope that helps.

Mini 10v | 2GB RAM | 120GB HDD | 1510 N Wireless | BT 2.1 | OSX 10.6.4 | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | Bios A04 | 1010 Touchpad | Magic Mouse

expose, gma, kext, slow, spaces

« stuck on making a bootable usb on a pc... | Spaces & Expose with an extended monitor completely skip the transition animation? »