Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Just need list of necessary kexts - 11-08-2009, 09:18 PM

Hey everyone, the netbook installer is great but i wanna i wanna just use an unhidden extra folder in the root os directory so its easy for me to keep the install upto date cause im not familiar with working with hidden efi partitions. sooooo i was just wondering what injectors/kexts are necessary for a nice install. thanks
  (#2) Old
Default 11-08-2009, 11:39 PM

Running NetBookInstaller with "hide NBI files" unchecked should work wonders.
  (#3) Old
Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default 11-09-2009, 01:07 AM

As stated, selecting show NetbookInstaller files (or unselecting hide NetbookInstaller files) will make /Extra visible.

you can also look inside of NetbookInstaller and look at the Generic machine for extensions that are used for any netbook installed to (there are used for basic functionality).

NBI also patches certain system kexts (IO802.11, bluetooth, GMA950, etc) and places those in /Extra as well.

The kexts in extra are *not* loaded by the bootloader, however they are instead inserted into a second mkext with *all* of the kexts in /S/L/E (for dependencies, will most likely be changed with 0.8.4 to only include required dependencies).

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Buffalo SSD | BIOS A05
Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | BIOS A06
My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a invite? message me.

« Following Gizmodo Guide - Do I need to run NetBookInstaller? | stuck on making a bootable usb on a pc... »