Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default OS X on Mini10v tips - 11-06-2009, 06:08 PM

Finally OS X is working smoothly since installing it earlier today. So far the only issue I faced was the trackpad problem but with NetbookInstaller it's now recognising double touch and scrolling well. Not perfect, but good enough.

Props to mechdrew and Meklort for their dedication to this project and the community for the strong support! Awesome!

I've installed apps for my basic needs such as firefox, adium, skype and vlc player. Now looking for a decent office apps that can process .doc, .xls, .ppt. Any suggestions? preferably free apps because I wouldn't be working on docs much on mini10v and I don't have other Macs so I'd prefer not to spend money on iWork or Office for Mac.

Also any other tips for freshly installed OS X are welcome.
  (#2) Old
Default 11-06-2009, 07:33 PM

Mini 10v
  (#3) Old
Expert Member
Default 11-06-2009, 07:36 PM

Here's the thread you want:

Must-Have Software for 10v on OSX

mini 9 | 2GB RAM | 16GB STEC SDD | BIOS A06, USB Legacy OFF | No Bluetooth | OSX 10.6.7 | NBI 0.8.5pre w/ ALC268 | Broadcom2Airport
MINI Cooper '02 | 1.6L | CVT | Moonroof | Red w/ White Stripes

Want the ALC268 mini 9 sound fix? Get it here

« 10v working with OSX 10.6.1 full function but crash intermittently... | Where do I start! »