Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Is There A Way To Install Snow Lepoard From My Mini With 7 - 11-03-2009, 03:39 PM

Is there a way?

I have a 8GB SDHC Card
A flash 1GB
Snow DMG file

I don't have any macs or a external DVD....
Any help is appreciated
  (#2) Old
Default 11-03-2009, 05:33 PM

Hmm... this is a little challenging.
I think you can do this in 7, but it was tested originally in XP. First, you will need to find and download a copy of TransMac onto the netbook. Using the program, restore the DMG to the memory card. Then... well, I'm not too sure how to get the bootloader onto the flash drive, unless the old Type11 method still works (I doubt it does, though you can configure it through Windows).
Then, set the Mini's BIOS to start up from the flash drive. Make sure the revision is A04 or A05 (preferably the latter) and get the bootloader running. Then, figure out which drive is the SD card, and boot into the installer. Install SL, and start up again from the flash drive. Download a copy of NetBookInstaller 0.8.3 RC3, install Chameleon 2 RC3, the extensions, and whatnot, and reboot. Unplug the flash drive and voil├*! You now have a functional SL netbook!
  (#3) Old
Expert Member
Default 11-03-2009, 05:51 PM

Pretty sure you can't boot from an SDHC card. Was looking at that today. So, I'm not liking your supply list. No DVD rules out NetbootCD. You say a SL DMG file. THat either means you have access to a Mac or it's a bootleg. If its a bootleg no one here will help you further. If you have access to a Mac then I've a couple of follow on questions.

Does you mini have a runcore ssd? If so that can be directly hung off the Mac as a usb drive and the install can proceed there.

If not you need 8GB+ USB flash or external drive.

mini 9 | 2GB RAM | 16GB STEC SDD | BIOS A06, USB Legacy OFF | No Bluetooth | OSX 10.6.7 | NBI 0.8.5pre w/ ALC268 | Broadcom2Airport
MINI Cooper '02 | 1.6L | CVT | Moonroof | Red w/ White Stripes

Want the ALC268 mini 9 sound fix? Get it here
  (#4) Old
Default 11-05-2009, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Akki View Post
Pretty sure you can't boot from an SDHC card.
I used a 8GB SDHC card to install OS X in my 10V. Even copied the install files over to it while it was in my Nikon D40, it's normal home
  (#5) Old
Default 11-05-2009, 04:18 PM

Forgive my cynicism, but I also read the initial poster as having a bootleg version of SL.

If you want to install it that much, the disk is only £23 from Amazon ffs.

UK Dell Mini 10v | BIOS A06 > A04 | MAC OS X 10.6.2 / Windows XP Pro | Netbookinstaller 0.8.3F

Meklort's trackpad driver saved my sanity

« SnowLeopard with no Cd or Mac and Bios 06? | SL10.6.1 10v I'm Impressed »