Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default My SL 10.6.1 Mini10v Install - 10-30-2009, 06:02 PM

Hey all,

Got my Mini10v the other day and I'm extremely impressed. Nice hardware and very usable with OS X. Consider me a happy camper

Just wanted to share a few points I came across and wondered if they'd happened to anyone else.

1. Followed Mechdrew's "#1" install option. All worked fine up until the point where I installed 10.6.1 (downloaded from Apple, not via Software Update). I booted into single user mode with the "-x" parameter, but when the logon window came up found that keyboard and trackpad buttons were unresponsive (trackpad itself worked though). I tried a hard reboot to no avail and in the end booted off USB and re-ran NBI from the Utilities menu.

Again not a problem for me now - just interested to see if anyone else was affected by this.

2. Just after taking the laptop out of sleep, I clicked the battery meter icon, only for the kernel to panic on me. Not seen it since, despite trying to recreate it.

3. What's the score with the 3G modem and SL? I'm not having much joy at the moment, although it does *appear* to be working from the PPP logs - I just keep being disconnected by Vodafone.

Other than that, all good. I now need to get the backup of the original Windows install back on there - needs some jiggery pokery though as Clonezilla won't restore onto a partition smaller than the one it originally backed up from! I'm planning on restoring to another disk, shrinking the partition to the 30GB mark (what I have allocated for Windows on the mini), and then backing up again before restoring to the mini.

« Not waking from sleep with USB mouse | HELP!!! OSX Install on 10V »