Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Mouse update? Is there one? - 10-29-2009, 11:33 PM

Hello all,
I hate to ask such a noob question especially with my first post to a new (to me) forum... but here goes

I just got a 10v and the guy I got it from said there was an update that would make the mouse work right.

I searched the forum and google, I saw references to an update that would fix the mouse, but no how to's.

Does anyone know what I am talking about, is there a how to I am not finding? To fix the mouse issue do I need to do a whole reinstall or is it an update?

Please help if you can.

Thank you, and awesome forum.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default 10-29-2009, 11:58 PM

The newest trakpad driver can be installed by running the latest NetbookInstaller (link in signature) and selecting the option to install the 10v extensions. Reboot, and you should be good to go.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

(#3) Old
Default 10-31-2009, 03:04 AM

So can I run the update with out hosing the OS install?

What instructions on your blog do I need to follow? Do I need to just open the file on the machine and run the file?

I am 100% new to mac, so some clear instructions would be real nice.

I am savvy though in Windoze and Linux.

« distorted audio | Installation Freeze! »