Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Crash while scrolling - 10-21-2009, 03:40 AM

If im doing some heavy working, or just have been using my computer for a long time, and i decide to scroll through a webpage, at some point, sometimes my 10v with SL (install w/ 0.8.3 RC3) decides to crash.

A friend of mine once told me that he thought my hard drive was corrupt (apparently it clicks, but don't they all click? That thinking sound?). This was before the crashing symptoms. The crashing happens more often when i have an external monitor plugged in.

I have run netbook installer to generate a system specific dsdt.aml file, and this happens with the 0.8.2 release as well.

(#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default 10-21-2009, 03:47 AM

If you can get a crash report, post a copy.

Also, boot in verbose mode. The next time it panics, it'll print out what kext / process caused the panic. Post that once you have it.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Buffalo SSD | BIOS A05
Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | BIOS A06
My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a invite? message me.
  (#3) Old
Default 11-15-2009, 03:23 PM

finally got it... about a month later :P

It's happened a few times after I updated to 0.8.3 RC4

i posted a picture i took with my iPhone here, its a bit blurry, but readable.

Hope this helps

« Mini 10v 10.6.2 - all working but one strange problem | Create Snow Leopard ISO with PC only »