Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Send a message via MSN to andymac
Default 10.5.7 to 10.5.8 gives kernel panic - 10-16-2009, 07:21 PM

Hi Folks,

I've had 10.5.7 running fine on my 10v for a while now, but decided to update to 10.5.8 this evening, using NBI 0.8.3 RC3. The OSX update went ok, and I booted into safe mode & ran NBI - also went fine. However when the 10v reboots I get a kernel panic (regardless of wether I boot normally or in safe mode).

The first error that seems to cause the problem is that it can't load AppleACPIPlatform - not sure what that means ?

Is there any way to save what I have, or will I need to start again (I've backed up my 10.5.7 install on time machine, so can hopefully use that if necessary).

Hopefully someone can help me - have scanned the other posts but can't see a definitive answer.

(#2) Old
Default 01-02-2010, 03:50 AM

i have the same problem but it happened after i updated from 10.5.4 to 10.5.7 and i was using NBI 0.8.3R5 .. other than that same exact stuff happened to me

error was as follows:

extension is not loadable
can't determine dependencies for
couldn't alloc class "AppleACPIPlatformExpert"
panic (yadda yadda yadda)
Debugger called: <panic>
yadda yadda yadda

UPDATE: i reinstalled using a 10.5.4 disc patched with NBM 0.8.3 final and everything went perfect after doing the 10.5.8 combo update and using netbookinstaller 0.8.3 final

« Help Apple Spinning Wheel the Shutdown | Bootable Snow Leopard Usb help »