Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default 10.5.8 monitor haze? - 09-30-2009, 11:58 AM

On my second netbook, there's a slight haze that makes the screen slightly 'brighter." Placed side by side, they both have the same color scheme...but *this* one is slightly bright/hazier.

Surely this is a simple fix, but i'm sloshing through system prefs, and adobe color schemes...

Currently using the adobe 1998 rgb...or whatever its called.

When the netbook boots up, i can see the desktop at a desired tint...then it adjusts to the undesirable hazey version. Monitor settings of some sort?

OSX 10.5.8|Dell Mini 10v|2GB RAM|160GB HD|A05 Bios|Dell EFI method (Anguish-Youtube Ver.) |TrippleBootWin7-OSX-Ubuntu
  (#2) Old
Default 09-30-2009, 09:29 PM

I had a MBP that would do that. Made me crazy. It would seemingly randomly have a slight color shift until I would open the monitor pref pane and it would go away (without changing any settings). It was like it would lose track of it's monitor preferences until the window was opened. Even using a spyder didn't clear it up. Yeah, I know that's no help solving the problem .

« Upgrading to SL from 10.5.8 | What did I do wrong -10v with 2G and NBM 0.8.2 »