Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Mini 10v Sleep freezes with wireless mouse - 09-24-2009, 10:45 PM

Hey thanks everybody for all the helpful info I needed to run OSX on my Dell Mini 10v.

Only issue I have is that if I have my USB Wireless mouse plugged in, the laptop wont wake from sleep and has to be shutdown and restarted. Thats with USB Legacy Enabled and Wake from USB Enabled.

Now if I change the bios to USB Legacy Disabled and Wake from USB Enabled the computer will start back up with the mouse working just fine, but my audio doesnt come back on

With USB Legacy Disabled and WAke from USB Enabled I get the same results, where the laptop wakes, mouse works, but the Audio doesnt come back.

Is there an answer to this, or do I just have to leave my mouse unplugged when the computer sleeps?
  (#2) Old
Default 09-24-2009, 10:49 PM

Have you tried this:

7. Workaround for getting Audio to work after sleep:(OPTIONAL only do this if your audio does NOT work after sleep!!! If it does work, then skip this section!!!)
-Download sleepwatcher and install both packages:Download SleepWatcher for Mac - Execute commands when sleeping or awakening. MacUpdate Mac System Software Downloads
-open terminal and type:
cd /etc

sudo vi rc.wakeup

-enter your password
-Hold the Shift Button and press GG which brings you to the bottom of the file page
-press the Esc and "I" button and you should see "--insert--" on the bottom line
-Copy and paste this txt to the end of the file: Code:
/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext>>/var/log/system.log
/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext>>/var/log/system.log
/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IOAudioFamily.kext>>/var/log/system.log
/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDA.kext>>/var/log/system.log
/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/VerbHelper.kext>>/var/log/system.log
sleep 3
/sbin/kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext>>/var/log/system.log
/sbin/kextload /System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext>>/var/log/system.log
/sbin/kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IOAudioFamily.kext>>/var/log/system.log
/sbin/kextload /System/Library/Extensions/LegacyAppleHDA.kext>>/var/log/system.log
/sbin/kextload /System/Library/Extensions/VerbHelper.kext>>/var/log/system.log

-Press Esc twice and the --insert-- should be removed
-Now hold shift and type "wq"
-Type in "exit"
-hit enter
-type in "logout" and then close terminal

Which is from here: Fool Proof No Hassle Mini 10v Install EVERYTHING WORKS!!
  (#3) Old
Default 09-24-2009, 11:11 PM

I tried it once before, but it didnt seem to work. I found out my problem with that not working is that I didnt have a password to type into terminal. Made a password and tried it again just now. Works like a charm

Thanks for the quick reply Hope this question helps somebody! Sorry if its just another over beaten question thats been asked a million times too many

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Actually after doing this it seems like my volume is stuck at one volume and the multimedia keys for volume control dont match the sound icon. Its something i can live with, but just an observation.

« Ridiculously easy - Thank you | dell mini10v resolution stuck »