Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Installations fail at end - 09-21-2009, 04:35 PM

I initially followed the directions (using the DELL EFI on a USB and Mac OS X on a USB - restored from retail DVD). I had no issues and the install went fine. I decided to do a Windows 7 dual boot and that fouled everything up. I partitioned the drive in 2 -- using the Mac OS X installer and then tried to install WIN7. It was balking, so I deleted hard drives, reformatted -- all sorts of stuff. Eventually, I was able to get WIN 7 installed, but it was a no go on the mac front. Since I'd like to have Mac OS as my primary OS, I decided to simply go back to a Mac OS 10.5 install.

I used the DELL EFI and selected '81' to see the Mac OS Install. I formatted a single partition as GUID and set the installer off on it's way. I've done this about 5 times and each time it fails at the end. The reason has something to do with unable to select a startup disk.

If I reboot the DELL EFI and then select '80', nothing happens. The hard drive does boot if I select '82', which I thought was odd. It gets to the Migration assistant, but it won't continue. After 15 seconds or so, it puts me at the start of the process. Essentially, it's stuck.

I spent hours and no luck. Frustrated and hoping for any suggestions to get this working.

(#2) Old
Default 09-22-2009, 10:00 PM

Sounds like you're working on the old mini 9 method. There's a new (and far, far less painful) method for the 10 here: Fool Proof No Hassle Mini 10v Install EVERYTHING WORKS!! I found it to be a relative dream. You'll need to recreate your USB stick, but it will be well worth it.

« Where to buy 10v 2g RAMM | adeona - security software »