Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default install Mac OS X 10.5.7 without a Mac - 09-16-2009, 10:29 AM

Hello everybody, in a first time thanks for all de information that you give in these forum.
My problem is: I have my new dell Mini 10v with bios A06, I´m looking a guide to install a Mac OS X in mi new Dell, but the problem is that I have no a Mac computer with leopard, I only have a PC with Windows XP and my Dell Mini, I´m trying to follow the Mechdrew guide, Old 7: Installing Mac OS X Using Two USB Drives (Windows-only) | Guides | OS X | mechdrew but I think that these guide is old and there some new methods to these simplest.

PD: I´m from Spain, and I know that mi English is not very good, sorry about that.
  (#2) Old
Default 09-16-2009, 12:27 PM

Hi! If anyone hasn't already said it, welcome to MyDellMini!

I took a look over the guide from Mechdrew's website, and I have to say that it is probably the best way to complete the installation if you only have a PC.

If you need help following the instructions, take a look at masarijone's video for putting OS X on a Mini 10v (It's in the guides section). Just substitute the part where he uses a Mac to clone the disk to the flash drive with mechdrew's instructions for cloning the disk with TransMac. Also, instead of using DellEFI 1.1 or 1.2a/b/whatever it is, do a search of this web site for "DellEFI for 10v." This copy of DellEFI is perfect for the install. The only thing that does not work is sound after sleep through its internal speakers (in 10.5.8). For that, look at the guide in the General Mac OS X thread that addresses 100% working vanilla audio. That should help.
  (#3) Old
Default 09-18-2009, 02:34 PM

This is what I was looking for. I don't have a Mac either, only a Windows computer. Thanks a lot!
  (#4) Old
Default Look at my post - 10-09-2009, 05:34 PM

I was able to use this method with the 10v- don't see why it wouldnt work for the 9: How to Install OSX using only Windows

« NBM 0.8.3rc3, will it work on tiger? | Install Mac OS X from Linux. »