Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Question Dell Mini OSX questions - 09-13-2009, 05:44 PM

First I am really sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong place or if my question is not allowed. I am new in the world of hackintosh and netbooks.

I am looking for a netbook that can run OSX (just to experiment with OSX before deciding if I want to buy a mac). I have been looking at the Dell mini v10 and the MSI wind and I have found out that both seem to be able to run OSX just fine.

I have read some guides on how to install OSX on both devices but before I decide which one to get I would like some more information. As I just mentioned I don't have a Mac but I don't know anyone with a mac who can help me either so those guides can't help me. On a MSI wind forum I read about a way to install OSX without having a Mac. I would like to know if this way of installing OSX is also possible with the Dell mini v10. If I would succeed in the installation I would of course buy a version of OSX.

If my question is not allowed (or not a smart way to install OSX) are there any other ways to install OSX without a mac?

Thanks in advance.

install, osx, windows xp, without mac

« noob needs help with sleep issue on mini10v OS X 10.5.8 | Dell Mini OSX no DVD, no mac, no USB drive »