Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default re-enabling bluetooth in os x after disabling it in windows? - 09-11-2009, 09:06 AM

Looks like not many people having this problem, but i hope there's a solution...

I have disabled bluetooth with help of dell utilities while being booted to windows 7, and installed os x leopard after it. Bluetooth enabled in bios, but system doesn't see bluetooth module at all.

Is there anyway to solve this without reinstalling windows?

I think this can happen with any potential user of mini 10v with os x installed, so it would be nice to have solution, like included in installer or something...\]]

Thank you very much!
  (#2) Old
Default 09-11-2009, 11:27 AM

I had the same problem and I solved it by installing Ubuntu Netbook Remix as a live system on an external CF-Card, booted it, installed "Aircraft Manager for Ubuntu 9.04" and switched BT off & on.

Step by step:
1) get Ubuntu Netbook Remix from here Download Ubuntu Netbook Remix | Ubuntu

2) copy it to CF via Terminal, instructions here (scroll down to Mac OSX section):

3) boot into Ubuntu

4) its a live system and includes Firefox

5) point the Ubuntu Firefox here: Ubuntu on the Dell Mini 9: Aircraft Manager for Ubuntu 9.04

6) download, double click to install, locate it in the system, open it and switch BT off & on

DELL Vostro A90 | 2G HyperX RAM | 32G Runcore SSD | 1505 802.11n | BT | A04 BIOS | Mac OS X 10.6.5 Snow Leopard

« Battery Power -> Screen Flicker | trouble with installing maco osx 10.5.6 »