Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Following "Installing Mac OS X Using Two USB Drives (Windows-only)" issues - 09-02-2009, 04:15 PM

As the title states...I am following the "Installing Mac OS X Using Two USB Drives (Windows-only)" guide from mechdrew's site and I have hit a roadblock or two.

I am using a 10.5.0 Leopard install dvd and intend to upgrade it to a new version once I get it on there.

First Roadblock....I got to this step 4 in the guide regarding making the smaller of the USB drives bootable using syslinux. When I issue the command:
syslinux.exe -ma D:
I get some errors about not being able to access the drive and it is unable to complete the action and so forth.

I got around that by having an external dvd drive and burning the miniboot.iso to disc and booting off that.

Second Roadblock...I get into the OSX installer program and actually get the hard disk configured per another guide I have from and I get to this step in that guide:
"Back at the welcome screen for the Leopard installer, click on Continue" but the problem is I do not see a Continue button. I am guessing it has to to do with the resolution the installer runs in and so forth...would a newer version of the installation dvd get around this problem perhaps? I am kind of stuck at the moment as I cannot press "Continue" to proceed with the installation. I did a search on this on the forums but did not really know what to search on exactly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mini 10v | Atom N270 | 120GB SATA | 2 GB RAM | Webcam | Windows 7 RC Ultimate

« Wifi dead after sleep and reboot | Installing Leopard without a Mac »