Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default EFI Error Message during install - 08-31-2009, 05:27 PM

i've got myself today an Mini 10V. It had the A06 Bios on it, so i directly downgraded to A04.

Then at home i wanted to install OSX using this guide:
Method 1 - USB Installation via Mac | Guides | OS X | mechdrew

Only difference is that i do the Preperation on a Mac which is allready running Snow Leopard.

After preparing the OSX Boot USB Disk i attached it to the Dell and i can boot from it, but after the blue bar i get a short message in the upper left corner (it says something with EFI - it's only visable for a half second) then the gray apple logo is coming up but no spinning wheel.

I tested it a couple of times, also with boot: -x -f no chance getting into the Installer.

My guess:
NetBookMaker isn't able to run correctly under Snow Leo.
I hope that's it, as all other reasons would be related to my Dell...

Any ideas?
I do not have access to an Leopard Mac, i would have an external DVD Drive, but i couldn't find a guide which is explaining a DVD Installation through an USB DVD Drive.
  (#2) Old
Send a message via ICQ to jcoll81 Send a message via AIM to jcoll81 Send a message via Skype™ to jcoll81
Default 08-31-2009, 07:39 PM

Here is an old guide for using an external cd drive. I'm not sure what the problem is because I used the same guide last week to reinstall osx. The only difference was that I created the bootable usb drive in Leopard. So I think your assumption that snow leopard had something to do with it seems fairly logical.

Dell Mini 10v | 1gb | 120gb HDD | OSX 10.6.2

(#3) Old
Default 09-01-2009, 07:39 AM

Unfortunatley also with an working Leopard Installation and a preperation there i didn't got it working. I have to return the Mini 10v today, so i have to stay with the Mini9.

« About to order a mini 10v... | Wifi dead after sleep and reboot »