Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Graphics card doesn't support Photo Booth? - 07-25-2009, 01:59 AM

It was only about a week ago I got my Mini 10v with OS X installed. Right after the install I was running various applications to see if they worked. One of the ones I noted that worked fully was PhotoBooth. Now, about a week later, I open PhotoBooth to have some fun and this is what it says:

"The graphics card installed in this computer does not support Photo Booth."

Well, it was working a week ago. I am wondering if because I have two monitors being used (even unplugged the other one and still no go) could have changed something that is not allowing it to work.

If you wondering, I plugged in my 21" widescreen TV via VGA (it has a VGA port on it) right away it was displayed as a second monitor. When I was tinkering with settings I accidentally clicked "Mirror" and it screwed everything up, my fix was to reboot in safe mode, run NetbookInstaller (alternative to DellEFI) and select "Install mirror-friendly old .kexts" now mirroring works but I don't really need it. Could this be why I can no longer use my webcam anymore? And I know its still there, cause in iChat, when I click new chat, the light turns on, but right as its about to open the chat window, iChat crashes.

This isn't a huge deal to me, but I'd still like my webcam to work.

Dell Mini 10v | Intel Atom 1.6GHz | 2GB RAM | 120GB HDD | Bluetooth + Webcam | Mac OS X 10.6.1 | NetbookInstaller 0.8.2a
Get yourself a real MacBook with Lockerz! I got invites! PM me.
  (#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to ahandlen003 Send a message via Skype™ to ahandlen003
Default 01-25-2010, 04:49 PM

I suggest re-install of osx if you can. Its the best way to get it to work. The plugging in to a monitor and kexts are NOT anything that would create an issue with photobooth working. You might have overwritten something when doing software update so your best guess is to reinstall. Any ?s just PM

« Mini 10V not working with Airport Extreme | Small issue with hackintoshed 10V »