Dell Mini 10v Mac OS X Discussion Discussion dedicated to installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini 1011

(#1) Old
Default Jumpy Audio 10v (Not crackle after sleep!) - 07-12-2009, 09:14 AM

I have recently bought a 10v, installed OS X (Followed Anguish method), updated to 10.5.7 and installed Voodoo Kext with kext helper.
Everything works great except i have a problem where the audio seems to jump mostly when their is cpu or hdd activity. Its almost like a cd skipping and happens during all audio playback.
The fault is at its worst when i use itunes or front row, the current track will be playing and when i scroll through my library the audio will stammer and stutter. This does also happen when i leave the track playing but not as much. I have also tried opening files in other programs like quicktime and still get the same thing.

Any help would be great!

Dell Mini 10v (no upgrades)
2 weeks old
1024 x 600 screen
160 HDD
  (#2) Old
Default 08-25-2009, 10:26 PM

I have the exact same problem. Is it because of memory issues? My wife's mini 9 doesn't have these issues. My new 10v is still on bios a00, 1 gig of memory, and 120 gig hd. runing osx 10.5.8 and just getting skipping in music runing itunes. I have no other apps other than itunes loaded. and not doing anything on the mini. just letting the music play. AHHHH... Its' really bugging me.
  (#3) Old
Default 08-25-2009, 10:53 PM

i had the same problem and regenerating my dsdt file through dellefi fixed it.

10v, audio, os x

« needed help with dual boot os-x | different performace when on battery vs. on power »