Dell Mini 1018 Forum for discussion on the refreshed Dell Mini 1018, released Q3 2010.

(#1) Old
Default win 7 64-bit drivers for mini 1018 - 01-04-2011, 07:28 PM

hi guys!
somehow managed to install win 7 from flash drive, took like two days, had minor problems...

thing is, i only have a 64bit version of windows 7, and the dell support only offers 32bit drivers. so i installed the drivers for 32bit win and most of them work fine, but not all - like the video drivers.

so i need some help pls,
is there some easy way to find the drivers?
or do i need to get a 32bit version of win7?

thank you for your help, much appreciated!
  (#2) Old
Default 02-05-2011, 07:13 PM

I am in search of the same thing... the processor is supposedly 64 bit, so why not use it.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Did a little searching, intel had a in browser driver detector that pointed me towards this and it worked

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Was able to get everything installed fine. I used the dell drivers for wlan combo, ethernet, battery, sound (even though i think windows had a default that worked) and that got rid of almost all the "!" in device manager.

I then went to intels site and used there browser based utility to find what driver i needed and installed the win 64 exe.

IntelĀ® Driver Update Utility

Everything is working flawlessly now on 64 bit windows 7 professional.
  (#3) Old
Default Use Intel driver update utility - 03-07-2011, 02:17 AM

Was in the same situation... all the 32 bit drivers from Dells site worked perfectly, except the video driver.

I downloaded and installed the above driver, but then ran the intel driver update utility and there was a more recent version. Also got an updated Chipset INF driver.

Thanks for pointing in the right direction! I was getting so pissed at how slow my 1018 was running from day 1 right out of the box... fresh Windows 7 install without all the bloatware and now it is tons faster... WORLD of difference!!

Last edited by znestler; 03-07-2011 at 02:18 AM. Reason: realize utility link is in post above

« Black screen when updating RAM. | power button board for 1018 »