Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#1) Old
Default Broadcom CrystalHD not working with Windows 7 - 01-22-2012, 11:11 PM

Hi All,

When I first got my 1012 a year ago I installed Windows XP and my HD video worked flawlessly. Now I upgraded to a solid state drive, 2 gigs of RAM and Windows 7 Professional and I can't seem to get the Crystal HD to work. HD videos run slow and stutter. The performance seems the same whether I enable or disable the Broadcom CrystalHD Video Decoder in Device Manager.

I am using the follow drivers that I downloaded from the Dell Website:

Broadcom CrystalHD driver, version
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 driver version

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks very much.
  (#2) Old
Default 01-24-2012, 01:32 AM

Run the DTS_Info.exe program out of the CrystalHD program directory. This will put a diagnotic indicator in your taskbar to let you know if the CrystalHD is even being utilized. It will "light up" when the card is in use.

Dell Mini 1012 black, 1.6GHz N450, 2GB RAM, 64GB Samsung 470-series SSD, 1366x768 HD LCD, Broadcomm HD accelerator, external Blu-Ray player with decoder, built-in TV tuner, Intel wireless b/g, Bluetooth 2.1 w/EDR, Windows 7 Professional, Office Professional Plus 2010
  (#3) Old
Default 01-25-2012, 02:19 AM

Thanks for that tip Max. I ran the program and it did not light up. So clearly my CrystalHD card is not functioning with the operating system upgrade. Any other ideas on how I can get my HD card running again?

« Advice for touchpad | Screen video black - external video works »