Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#11) Old
Default 12-28-2011, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Pamster View Post
Hi VeilSide, so did you get it working yet? Hoping you did!
My mini is badly damaged, well it's a bit less damaged than it was a couple of weeks ago but it is still in a bad state! I couldn't boot any of my windows installations normally anymore (Windows 7 and XP pro) so I downloaded a suite of bootable tools called "Hiren's boot cd" and made it usb bootable... I used a tool in the suite to boot my unbootable Windows XP (the one wich is infected by the master boot record virus).. After that, I made a new partition on my hard drive using EASEUS partition master and then I installed Windows XP on the new partition. Everything works fine now, but I can't find a way to boot my old installation of XP (the infected one)... For some reason, I can't get it listed in the "OS choice menu" upon booting... I think my computer is using a wrong boot.ini file located on another partition because the operating system listed in the OS choice menu doesn't fit the boot.ini file I from my D: drive (the new XP partition). I've been trying to fix this for almost a month without success. At least now I have a working, fast computer with my iTunes library now!

Sorry for my english!

Current system setup: Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 (Alpine White), 2GB ram, 56Wht 6 Cells battery, stock screen, dual booted Windows XP Pro & Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.

bricked 1012

« CPU Temperature? | 1012 Powers Up But No Boot »