Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 1012 D4PJRM1 distorted screen colors - 07-01-2011, 07:51 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I'm currently working on my supervisor's dell mini. Its having serious screen color issues, and to my knowledge its not a video driver issue. The colors are even distorted right after boot before the OS gets loaded. There are green splotches all over the screen and looks to be missing pixels as well. The major thing is all "white" colors are "pink" It has never been dropped or even opened to be upgraded. I read on here about the video connection to the MB might be loose. I took the computer all apart and everything seemed fine. Any other options would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking it's a hardware issue with the MB. Look at the photos. Thanks for your help.

(#2) Old
Default 07-03-2011, 11:21 AM

See if you can get an external display, either LCD or CRT, and connect it to the VGA port. If that display has no color distortion that pretty much rules out the MB or video card. You're then left with either the cable from the MB to the display or the display itself.

Hope this helps.
  (#3) Old
Default 07-03-2011, 08:30 PM

Splotches suggest to me that the display panel is malfunctioning. Do the BIOS screens look ok?

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Playback with Dell GX10N External DVD Drive | Formatting usb for windows install on a 1012 with OSX(mac user) »