Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#1) Old
Unhappy Dell factory restore...Please help! - 03-01-2011, 05:12 AM

I have no other option left but to restore my dell 1012 to factory settings. Before I do this I have few questions-
1. I have no external storage device to backup so much data, so is there any way not to lose my data after I restore to factory settings? I mean.. anything which does not require transferring my data to other devices??
2. I am restoring my laptop because i have lost my display drivers (inter(R) Graphics media accelerator 3150) and also because my bluetooth is not working (might be a driver issue or whatever)...... so Can i be sure of getting my drivers to their factory settings i.e., will my drivers be restored (and work well) after dell factory restore?????
Please get me out of this trouble....
I use microsoft windows xp home edition service pack 3.
  (#2) Old
Default 03-01-2011, 06:26 AM

Have you tried downloading and reinstalling the drivers from Dell's support site? If the hardware is still not recognized after that, it may be due to hardware issues. A factory restore usually means wiping out the entire drive and reimaging to the original build. I would also recommend buying or borrowing an external drive to back up your files before performing a factory restore.

dell factory restore, restore drivers

« My 1012 is dead any solution? | Windows Server 2003 »