Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#1) Old
Default Potential 1012 purchase with or wout Crystal HD Accelerator - 12-30-2010, 07:16 PM

I use my mini 9 as my everyday machine. As a minister I am always writing something. At work and home I use an external monitor and keyboard to speed up the tasks since I am a touch typist. When I am only using the mini 9 keyboard my speed slows down and my errors go up.

I am looking at a few Dell Mini 1012 refurb units. I think I want to opt for the higher resolution screen and the Crystal HD Broadcom Media Accelerator but
I am not sure it is worth it.

I do use my Mini 9 to watch the odd TV show but mostly for sports highlights etc.

Any thoughts on the better screen and HD playback options?

Does anyone sell the TV tuner option? It seems like Dell has canned that option.

Mini 9/wireless N/2 gb ram/16 gig OEM ssd
m101z, 250 gig hd, amd single core, 2 gigs
  (#2) Old
Default 12-30-2010, 08:23 PM

I can tell you that the 1012 keyboard is far superior to the 9's.

I would've liked the high-res screen and Broadcom card, but when I was shopping, it seemed overpriced. Glancing at the Outlet now, it seems like there are some available at reasonable prices. (Don't forget to use an Outlet coupon code, like the one discussed here: Dell Outlet: 15% off laptop and desktops AC -

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old
Default 12-31-2010, 05:37 AM

After being an avid netbook user for the last several years, I can say the extra RES is very worth it! This thing does very well with video my eeePC (1005PE) would stutter. Also, the extra res helps with web display and several other things more than you would think.

Also, for the record, my eeePC was my main system, and my 1012HD has now replaced it. the only way it could be better would be if it were the M11x.

Mini 1012 HD- Win7 Home Premium, 1gb RAM.

« Brand new Mini owner (xmas gift), few details within. What do I need to know? ;] | switching from wifi to lan »