1st of all why is chrome running 9x, I dont know too much about Google Chrome but I dont think that it should be running 9x, I personally run Firefox....I am still checking the rest of the processes will update...
you probably dont need the Dell Support Center and Dell Backup to run all the time either, you can start them on an as needed basis, basically I would try to shutdown some of this stuff and see what happens from there
- igfxtray.exe...for Intel Graphics
- hkcmd.exe...for Hotkey usage
- BTMeter.exe..for Dell Battery Meter
- conhost.exe..for Console Hosting
- SynTPHelper.exe..Synaptics pointing devices (trackpad)
- javaw.exe...for Java scripting
- explorer.exe...main desktop program
- csrss.exe...for Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem.
- WSED.exe...Dell wireless enable/disable
- capLKNotify.exe...Dell utility for showing user when caps are on/off
- winlogon.exe...Windows Login program
- RtHDVCpl.exe...Realtek Audio Control Panel
- dwm.exe...desktop window manager
CAN PROBABLY BE SHUTDOWN
- googletalkplus.exe...part of google chrome
- syncables.exe...used for syncing between computers
- toaster.exe...Notification Plugin from AOL part of WinAmp.
- DataSafeOnline...Dell utility
- STService.exe...part of Dell DataSafe
- sprtcmd.exe...part of Dell Support Center
- DSupd.exe..part of Dell DataSafe
- Wuauclt.exe is the AutoUpdate Client of Windows Update and is used to check for available updates
try shutting down Google Chrome and see what happens....also maybe Dell Support Center & Dell DataSafe
The more memory that you can free up the better off you will be to run VLC, these Minis do not have graphics cards only graphics processors which basically means that when the graphics processor needs more memory it is taken from the system memory leaving less there for other processes, by eliminating some of the other processes it makes more available for the graphics processor to use....make sense?..