Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#1) Old
Default 1012 Battery Life isse - 08-06-2010, 12:42 PM

Hell all,

Just recieved my brand new Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 the other day. First time poster here.

I have a quick question for all you 1012 owners. Dell advertises that the battery life with the 6-cell battery should be about 9 hours. This is not the case for me.

On "Power saver Mode" I have about 4hrs and 45mins at 100% charge remaining, which is about half of what I expected.

Wondering if anyone else sees this?
  (#2) Old
Default 08-08-2010, 11:23 AM

You will find that the times they quote are for the higher power 6 cell and not the standard 6 cell - very naughty if you ask me.

I have mine on "Balanced" with Aero enabled and mine lasts anything from about 4 1/2 doing lots of things including watching video etc, but for general web browsing, email etc I get well over 7 hours out of it.

When first charged and just browsing the time remaining will be over 8 hours, but it does drop quite quick from that and then seems to stabilse.

Hope this helps

Dell Mini 1012: Windows 7 Home Premium: Alpine White LCD Cover: HD True Life 1366 x 768 Screen: Broadcom Crystal HD Media Accelerator Card with SRS Surround Sound: 250 GB HDD: 6 Cell Battery: Dell 365 Bluetooth: 1.3MP Camera

« TV tuner adapter or aerial | How hot's yours? »