Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#1) Old
Default 1012 with TV Tuner - question - 07-23-2010, 05:11 PM

I just ordered an outlet (25% off, baby!) 1012 with the TV Tuner, HD screen, and Crystal HD decoder.

It seems as though Dell makes two motherboards for the 1012 - one with just the WLAN slot having a PCI-e header, and one that has the WLAN, WWAN/TV/GPS, and Crystal Broadcom headers. I haven't seen or heard of the Broadcom header being there but the WWAN one not, or vice versa.

Now... do they do the same thing with the SIM card slot? If you order one with the TV Tuner or GPS option, does it really have live SIM card slot if I want to use it later on? You would hope that the motherboard is either the "stripped down" one or the "fully loaded" one.

(#2) Old
Default 07-24-2010, 01:28 PM

not sure what u are asking, so i'll take a wild stab

yes the dell mini you ordered has a sim card slot under the battery, but there is no card reader

if you buy a 3G card, that won't have a card reader either, if u wanted to convert your TV-dell to a 3G dell, you would need to buy a separate card reader and solder it onto the motherboard

« Dell mini 1012 - newbie questions | Big usb problem, please read!! »